Use video conferencing to make your meetings more expressive, interactive, and build better connections. By creating a video-first culture in the workplace, you will build team culture, enhance communication, and create highly effective teams.
Recent Hangouts Updates
December 2018: View Google Calendar attachments in Hangouts Meet
November 2018: Meeting limit increase to 100 participants!
September 2018: Have a meeting with more than 100 participants? No problem, Live Stream a Hangouts Meet to up to 10,000 participants (in-domain only).
Want more updates? Check out the G Suite Updates Blog and search for 'Hangouts'.
What is Google Meet?
Google Meet is a video conferencing platform.
With Google Meet you can:
- Host up to 100 participants in a single meeting
- Meet for as long as you need, there is no time limit
- Record meetings
- Google Meet is included as part of G Suite, so there is no additional cost to use this service (other than standard phone rates, see FAQs below)
- Meet from computer or mobile devices
- Have more than 100 participants? Live Stream directly from Meet to up to 10,000 users in domain!
For more information about Meet please see the Google Meet FAQ.
Communicate with direct messages and group conversations.
What Chat you can:
- Chat to an individual or to a group
- Chat with people outside of the State (they must have a Google account)
- Chats are off-record - they disappear after 24 hours
- Chat App is available on mobile devices
- Do you want chats to pop out in a new window (rather than live in your Gmail)? Click here to get the Chat extension.
Please note this is the classic Chat application. There is a new Chat application that the state has not yet approved.
Resources for Learning about Hangouts
Explore the resources below to learn more about working in Hangouts (Meet and Chat)
Google Meet FAQ
How-To Google Meet
Google Meet Demo (approx. 4 minutes)
Google Next 2018: The Future of Meetings
This extension provides contextual walk-through video trainings for G Suite applications. Click on the extension to see recommended training videos or search for what you want to learn about!
Examples of videos to search for:
- Schedule a Meet
- Join a Meet